mercredi 31 août 2016

Can I recover data from my own encrypted s5 Verizon phone (not rooted) w/password?

Can I recover data from my own encrypted s5 Verizon phone (not rooted) w/password?

My s5 Verizon phone could not boot well recently so today I intended to clear system cache. I hold power + volume up+home buttons, maybe somehow it entered into download mode, so it warned me that install a custom os is risky and asked me to volume up to continue, or down to cancel(restart). I volumed down and now it rebooted, but all of sudden, my data is gone! It did not ask me for screen pin/password either as previously my phone was encrypted. (Or did I held power+volumn down to factory reset the phone? But I did not get a warning for that.

This factory reset was a surprise to me as I was not warned or told that they will wipe out the data.

Anyhow, my data is gone. Now I wanted to get it back.

Can I recover data from my own encrypted s5 Verizon phone (not rooted) w/password?

I know It's not difficult if it was not encrypted, as many third party tools can recover most of the data if the phone was not used much after reset.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience recovering data for an *encrypted* phone (with right encryption password though). Which tool can do that by prompting you the password for the encrypted data?

Here is the link regarding recovering data from factory reset: http://ift.tt/1C9qNN7 However, I did not find a solution: what if the phone was encrypted and you do have the correct encryption password (if not I know it's almost impossible)?

Thank you in advance for your help!

J


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bL0cyU
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire